The ultimate mood wrecker! A nice sunny day - on your way without a care in the world, and there they are in your rear view mirror with red & blue flashing lights. It’s not hard to do, we all do it and sooner or later we all get pulled over for it! Now what? Fortunately TRAFFIC STOP ® is here to help!
The President of TRAFFIC STOP ® Greg Eschweiler is an Ex O.P.P. Traffic Officer who spent his entire career specializing in the O.P.P. Traffic Unit. Who better to represent you in Traffic Court? He used to hand out the Speeding Ticket you're holding right now! Luckily for you, he will defend you with the years of knowledge he has from issuing thousands of Speeding Tickets on Ontario’s highways. He was a Certified O.P.P. Radar/Laser Operator. Greg went from issuing them to defending them!
We are legally licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada to represent you in Ontario’s courts. If it isn’t Greg, it will be one of our Ex Police Officers who bring many years of similar experience to the courts.
PART 1 SPEEDING TICKET: FROM 0 TO 49KM OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT
- 0 - 15 Kilometers over the limit – fine BUT NO Demerit Points
- 16 - 29 Kilometers over the limit – fine PLUS 3 Demerit Points
- 30 - 49 Kilometers over the limit – fine PLUS 4 Demerit Points
- 50 Kilometers over the limit and higher - fine PLUS 6 Demerit Points AND you will be issued a Part 3 Summons and a Stunt Driving Summons for excessive speed
PART 3 SPEEDING TICKET: FROM 50KM OVER THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT & UP
- 6 Demerit Points
- Automatic Stunt Driving Summons
- Automatic 7 Day Vehicle impoundment
- Automatic 7 Day A.D.L.S. (Automatic Drivers Licence Suspension).
- Minimum fine of $2,000 up to $10,000
- 6 months in jail with or with out above fine
- Drivers Licence suspension: 1st Conviction up to 2 years. 2nd Conviction not more than 10 years.
- Massive insurance increases
Speeding is an Absolute Liability Offence, meaning the Prosecution only needs to prove you exceeded the posted speed limit. Once you go over the posted limit you have breached Section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario.
Did you know that only a Bus is required to have a working speedometer? No other motor vehicle is ‘required’ to have one, so your “Officer my Speedo is broken!” excuse is out the window. There are many beliefs, feelings and old wives tales about Speeding Tickets. Perhaps the biggest fallacy in Ontario is the term “losing Demerit Points” You do NOT lose them you actually accumulate them! But for some reason in Ontario people always refer to “How many Demerit Points Do I Lose for this?” We all start out at ZERO and then accumulate them with every conviction. Now that you have the Basic’s of Speeding Tickets, and instead of listing page after page of scenarios or defense’s why not just call us?
Click on our “Free Online Consultation” tab and submit your information for a Free Quote. We will get back to immediately.
Or call us TOLL FREE anywhere in Ontario at 1- 877- 966- 6656
Or visit TRAFFIC STOP in person.